Confisk8s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape

Go down 
+26
BenchWarmer
LOOP
Keane
iamMARK
venzov
imhanzi
HoMeGRoWN
Sk8zOphrenia
livingnostalgic
Swissidle
juzteng
riennel11
Chino
fifth
Quickhands
NocturnalDrew
TURLING
eÄmrj
CRACKman.
straightedge
roca
mystic_riddimz
Jhogs
sehdreek
JjOnN
EDGE
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
EDGE
Mega Skater
Mega Skater
EDGE

THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys its my pleasure introduce to you the latest tape made by Mystic Riddim'z. He designed it strictly for fingerboard unlike neotape or other tapes they are designed for other purpose like leather goods, neoprene products and etc. (We just altered it for fb's to make foam-tapes affordable). I'm not degrading our own neotape it will still be the cheapest. This is another option.This tape was made from raw material! We can adjust the texture and density of the product to satisfy pro-fingerboarders preference its not ordered/imported precut or whole sheet its made from liquid chemicals up to its final form. Astig diba?

Here's the Experimental Tape.
THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 8

What is a good tape? For me a good tape should be dense (siksik) and will jive with the texture or my fingerpads. Personally I tried Riptape, Mantra, Neotape, Griptape and FBS. Till this afternoon i was a big FBS fan but let's admit it it's a little expensive because its imported from another country (No disrespect to bike we owe it all to him) but Jamee went to my house and gave me his experimental tape i suddenly realize this item is better than FBS. On what basis or category? Here are few points that i will discuss if you have questions feel free to pm and ask me.

Texture: (My Rating 10/10)
As i touch the prototype it really feels like worn fbs (ganun ka kapit pero di dumidikit sarap!) And its like soft gum and i was overwhelmed when he told me he can still change the texture because he made it from liquid form.

On the picture below, Left: Prototype Right: FBS Installed in my MFI. Check out the texture its almost identical.
THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 2-5

Dimension: (My Rating 10/10)
This tape is so thin much like FBS and Riptape. Well nothing much to say on this just check the photo.

THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 4-3

Quality and Durability (My Rating 10/10)
As we all know tapes are easy to break when our FB is used for about a month or 2 the tapes are rapidly worn out but what's different with this tape well here's the secret. This is actually made of 2 mixtures of compound the upper portion 90% of the tape is a material similar to neoprene but its not neoprene (the chemical is classified) and the bottom layer like 10% (Gapapel sa nipis) is made with RUBBER! So what right? Well the upper portion is for traction the lower portion is for elasticity it will make the tape more durable. Well check the photo below lets see if you can see the rubber...

THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 3-3

Well here it is. Check the bottom part of the tape there's a thin layer of rubber.
THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 1-7

Here are other photos during the installation on my deck.

FBS
THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 5-1

THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 6-1

THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 7

THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 9

THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 10

Finished, Can you see the rubber?
THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 12

On Left is the FBS on the Right is the Prototype
THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 11

Let's wrap this up, this item is not yet available and still subject for testing. I will leave you with a short video showing the installation of the prototype and check out how many hard strokes i did before the tape was shaved for fbs/neo in 3-5 strokes the tape is already shaved. But with this one it takes an average of 14 strokes before it'll come off.

Support The Local Scene!!!

Last edited by EDGE on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://descaler.multiply.com

AuthorMessage
riennel11
Senior Newbie
Senior Newbie
riennel11

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:59 pm

nice sana pwde na agad ibenta to..
Back to top Go down
Jhogs
Jhogs

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:24 pm

iba talaga, bagong entry sa mga selection ng tape na magagamit

gaan-daaaa!!!!!
Back to top Go down
juzteng
Intermediate Skater
Intermediate Skater
juzteng

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:21 pm

ahhhh gusto ko na matry toh...ang lupet!!
sana mas mura
Back to top Go down
Swissidle
Senior Newbie
Senior Newbie
Swissidle

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:23 pm

ayios! taga valenzuela si bossing mystic_riddimz. madali transaction neto eheheh!
Back to top Go down
juzteng
Intermediate Skater
Intermediate Skater
juzteng

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:41 pm

pa try ako nito..hehehe joke!!
Back to top Go down
livingnostalgic
livingnostalgic

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:56 pm

aw ngayon ko lang nadaanan tong topic na ito..

wala na ata ako macocomment ee. nacomment na ng iba.

ito na lang pala MAGNIFICENT. goodluck sa mga stages pa na susunod at tulad ng iba. kaisa nila ako sa mga gusto makasubok ng tape na ito. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/livingnostalgic
Sk8zOphrenia
Intermediate Skater
Intermediate Skater
Sk8zOphrenia

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:03 am

ayos! gnda ng review and presentation.. penge! Laughing
Back to top Go down
HoMeGRoWN
Frequent Skater
Frequent Skater
HoMeGRoWN

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 6:41 am

cant wait for this to to be available! great job sir mystic and sir edge!
btw regarding cleaning your fb tape ang ginagawa ko dun pag madumi ay linalagyan ko ng tape para dun dumikit yung dumi, parang lint remover ba.
Back to top Go down
EDGE
Mega Skater
Mega Skater
EDGE

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:41 am

HoMeGRoWN wrote:
cant wait for this to to be available! great job sir mystic and sir edge!
btw regarding cleaning your fb tape ang ginagawa ko dun pag madumi ay linalagyan ko ng tape para dun dumikit yung dumi, parang lint remover ba.

Ako naman i use a blower ( the one we use to clean the sensor of a dslr) costs only 350p but it works perfectly and i'tl also blow dust out of your bearings...
Back to top Go down
imhanzi
Intermediate Skater
Intermediate Skater
imhanzi

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:51 pm

ok to sana kahit konti maka pag try tayo tapos kong ok na saka mag produce ng madami saka i market kahit tatayo nlang muna... tama ba? Shocked
Back to top Go down
EDGE
Mega Skater
Mega Skater
EDGE

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:25 pm

imhanzi wrote:
ok to sana kahit konti maka pag try tayo tapos kong ok na saka mag produce ng madami saka i market kahit tatayo nlang muna... tama ba? Shocked

No disrespect to you sir but the owner initially doesn't want to mass produce this item we/he doesn't need any approval from anyone, I'm not trying to be an ass but i noticed a lot of people would like to try this but i tell you we have good fingerboarders lined up to test this product but not all of them will be given. Why? because the raw material is expensive. YOU CAN TRY IT ANYTIME!!! You just have to meet me and use it... I think the notion that we have to seek approval from fingerboarders is so irrelevant when MFI released neotapes did we seek approval? did anyone complain? Maybe some because of the inconsistencies of the texture but it wasn't a big deal because they paid a low price for it (150p). Here's a good item and I'm just lucky and privileged to try it so i made a review.

What part of "still subject for testing" don't you understand?

Peace.
Back to top Go down
venzov
Mega Skater
Mega Skater
venzov

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:39 pm

ito na! Very Happy can't wait until it's out!
Back to top Go down
EDGE
Mega Skater
Mega Skater
EDGE

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 5:57 pm

May lalabas nito super nipis hehehe can't wait.
Back to top Go down
eÄmrj
Intermediate Skater
Intermediate Skater
eÄmrj

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 pm

EDGE wrote:

No disrespect to you sir but the owner initially doesn't want to mass produce this item we/he doesn't need any approval from anyone, I'm not trying to be an ass but i noticed a lot of people would like to try this but i tell you we have good fingerboarders lined up to test this product but not all of them will be given. Why? because the raw material is expensive. YOU CAN TRY IT ANYTIME!!! You just have to meet me and use it... I think the notion that we have to seek approval from fingerboarders is so irrelevant when MFI released neotapes did we seek approval? did anyone complain? Maybe some because of the inconsistencies of the texture but it wasn't a big deal because they paid a low price for it (150p). Here's a good item and I'm just lucky and privileged to try it so i made a review.

What part of "still subject for testing" don't you understand?

Peace.

@red sna isa q dun s mga un hehe bounce
Back to top Go down
iamMARK
Intermediate Skater
Intermediate Skater
iamMARK

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:19 am

galing ng PINOY gusto ko maging CHEMIST 2loy wahahaha Smile

peace lol!
Back to top Go down
roca
Mega Skater
Mega Skater
roca

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:56 am

abang2x na lang dito. heheh. lupet neto, naiimagine ko pa lang..
Back to top Go down
EDGE
Mega Skater
Mega Skater
EDGE

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:06 pm

Malapit na to, natesting na ni Gnoj to pag free daw sya post nya comments nya... Eto vid ni Gnoj gamit tong experimental tape...

Back to top Go down
roca
Mega Skater
Mega Skater
roca

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:25 pm

^ayos!
Back to top Go down
Keane
Mega Skater
Mega Skater
Keane

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:39 pm

astig sir gnoj..!
Back to top Go down
straightedge
straightedge

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm

ako kemis....

ke-misis umaasa......ahahahahah! Very Happy

@ topic: sana matry ko din tong tape na to....
Back to top Go down
LOOP
Frequent Skater
Frequent Skater
LOOP

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:21 am

lupet ng explanation ni sir EDGE parang prof ko lang sa CHEMISTRY nung 1st year college ako..
hehe..
Peace!!!

pero promise ang galeng..
Back to top Go down
iamMARK
Intermediate Skater
Intermediate Skater
iamMARK

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:57 am

cant wait for this tape Smile
Back to top Go down
mystic_riddimz
Senior Newbie
Senior Newbie
mystic_riddimz

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:57 pm

***UPDATE LANG PO***
PRODUCTION HAS BEGUN
hope to have my tapes available before December. Sana umabot this 27th. cheers

THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Img_0010
Back to top Go down
Jhogs
Jhogs

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:24 pm

nice nice, mukang tuloy na tuloy na to sir ah? Smile
Back to top Go down
HoMeGRoWN
Frequent Skater
Frequent Skater
HoMeGRoWN

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:48 pm

nice! cant wait!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape   THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THIS IS IT! Mystic riddim'z Experimental Tape
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next